We work with councils and their partners to help create a workforce able to respond to major changes within the public sector.
We have the very latest information and advice for managing the local government workforce in relation to COVID-19.
We will update these pages regularly and also provide information via the Workforce Team twitter account on @LGAWorkforce.
- LGA consultation for NEOST response: school teachers pay 2020 - View all the relevant documentation following the Government publication of the 30th report from the STRB on 21 July 2020 including the DfE consultation documents. We are asking for feedback (one per local authority) by 18 August 2020.
- Government advice on face coverings, cleaning and more in schools
- Supporting employees on domestic abuse
- LGA teachers' pay update for 2020 - likely timetable and key documents related to the 2020 teachers’ pay award
- COVID-19 “React, Respond, Renew” – what does this mean for the local government workforce?
- NEOST staff wellbeing guide for schools and trusts – information and guidance as well as signposting to other resources to best support the wellbeing of staff, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Providing guidance to employers – the latest joint circulars from the NJC for Local Government Services
- LGA COVID-19 workforce survey summary reports are available, the latest published on 2 June 2020. Councils can access their own and comparative data in LG Inform
- COVID-19 Workforce FAQs – employment law focused frequently asked questions for England and Wales only.
- The LGA's guidance on the Job Retention Scheme has been updated to take into account HMRC's latest publication covering flexible furloughing from 1 July.
- The LGA has up-to-date advice on the use of secondments.
- Councils can now register on our Social Work Together online tool to match with former social workers.
The Modification order
The primary significance of the Order is in relation to redundancy.
Responding to the COVID-19 recovery: building organisational development capacity in local government
The LGA and North West Employers are working together to support council’s OD professionals in the wake of the Coronavirus pandemic.
Timewise Councils Initiative
Supporting organisations to drive cultural change and best practice on flexible working, as a way to retain and attract the best talent, and maximise their performance.