The LGA's media office provides the national voice of local government in England and Wales on the major news issues of the day for national, regional and local press.
Our team offers a range of services to journalists including:
- issuing press releases;
- providing briefings and reactive statements;
- arranging broadcast interviews with spokespeople available to talk on a wide array of topics.
You can contact our media officers on the mobile numbers below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are calling out-of-hours please call 020 7664 3333 (a voicemail will detail the on-duty press officer).
You can also follow us on Twitter at @LGANews.
Lynne Morris (Head of News and Internal Communications)
- 07766 115182
Greg Burns (Deputy Head of News and Internal Communications)
- Local government finance and building safety
- 07920 061187
James Alexandre (Senior Media Relations Officer)
- Levelling up, economy, skills and welfare
- 07766 820154
Joe Difford (Senior Media Relations Officer)
- Housing and planning and culture, tourism and sport
- 020 7664 3308
David Mills (Senior Media Relations Officer)
- Children and young people, education and improvement
- 07767 676236
Nick Sutton (Senior Media Relations Officer)
- Public health and transport
- 07584 271566
Daisy Roberts (Senior Media Relations Officer)
- Adult social care and environment
- 07979 244820
Caroline Horner (Media Relations Officer)
- Community Safety and democracy and equalities
- 07825 196924
Karen Thornton (Editor, first magazine)
- 07464 652610