Discover what our Next Generation programme involves.
The programme consists of one online and two residential training modules over the course of two days each and aims to:
- raise awareness of the different styles and approaches to political leadership
- help you understand your distinctive approach to policy and governance as independents or representing your party
- enable you to define your ‘vision’ for your council/ward/group
- increase confidence and awareness of the importance of communication and media skills
- understand more about your own personal strengths and weaknesses as a community and political leader
- develop understanding of the practical strategies to policy making and best practice in local groups and councils.
You are also offered a bespoke report on your political and leadership strengths and qualities through a 360° appraisal and one-to-one political mentoring.
- Module one: Friday 8 October 2021 (Zoom)
- Module two: Friday 26 – Saturday 27 November 2021 (Radisson Blu, Birmingham)
- Module three: Friday 21 – Saturday 22 January 2022 (Radisson Blu, Birmingham)
Radisson Blu, 12 Holloway Circus, Queensway, Birmingham B1 1BT